Thank you for contacting ProofDirectory.
The secret rapture theory is based on eight points:
- The rapture is silent.
- The rapture is invisible.
- The rapture leaves the wicked alive.
- God removes the righteous to protect them from the tribulation.
- Christ’s second coming will be in two stages: (1) the secret rapture, and (2) the actual coming, which will be glorious.
- These two stages of the second coming will be seven years apart.
- The rapture will take place before the revelation of the Antichrist, who then will bring about the tribulation.
- The wicked will at this point have a second chance to be converted and to serve Christ.
Let’s examine these 8 points in light of what the Bible teaches:
- The Bible teaches that the rapture is not silent, but rather is extremely noisy. Jesus will descend “with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God” (1 Thessalonians 4:16); “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: … it shall be very tempestuous round about him” (Psalms 50:3); “The Lord shall roar from on high … he shall mightily roar … he shall give a shout. … A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth” (Jeremiah 25:30, 31).
- The rapture is not invisible it will be seen by all “Behold, he cometh with clouds and every eye shall see him” (Revelation 1:7). The second coming will not be a secret event “For as the lightning cometh out of the east, shineth even unto the west so shall also the coming of the Son of man be” (Matthew 24:27). The second coming will be lighted by the glory of the Father (Matthew 16:27), the glory of the Son (Matthew 25:31) and glory of the angels (Matthew 28:2-4).
- The rapture does not leave the wicked alive. They are destroyed by the Lord’s coming (2 Thessalonians 2:8; Revelation 19:17, 18; Isaiah 11:4; Jeremiah 25:33).
- The Lord does not rapture the righteous from tribulation, but rather protects them through it (Psalms 91:5-12).
- Christ’s second coming will not be in two stages – one secret and the other seen by all. There is only one second coming (Matthew 16:27; Matthew 5:28,29; Matthew 25:31,32).
- The secret rapture believers say there is a seven-year period between the two second comings of Christ. This is not supported by scripture.
- The Antichrist does not appear 3 1/2 years after the second coming of Jesus. He has been active since the beginning of time (1 John 4:3).
- The evil doers will not have a second chance to be saved after the second coming (Matthew 16:27; Matthew 5:28,29; Matthew 25:31,32). All sinners will be destroyed by Christ’s second coming (2 Thessalonians 2:8; Jeremiah 25:33; Revelation 19:17, 18).
In His service,
The ProofDirectory Team
Was this answer helpful?